Do you appreciate embroidery? Do you have a liking for sewing? You can now bring your idea into reality with the best embroidery machines in the market.
It doesn’t matter if you are just starting to learn sewing or you’re seasoned in embroidery, the embroidery machine you use will make all the difference.
Hand embroidery is enjoyable and impressive. But, it will require a lot of planning and hard work.
That is why using an embroidery machine will come in handy.
With either one of these machines, you will come up with beautiful creations in a short period.
Monogramming or the modern embroidery machines are computerized, and they use LCD screens. The screens are for display of design selection and stitching.
Embroidery machines give you room to beautify, personalize, and decorate your fabrics. The best embroidery machines in the market also have regular sewing options. You thus can enjoy both options.
Embroidery and sewing machines are available in the market with different price ranges. In this review, we have options suitable for all budget situations.
Read on to discover more.
The Top 19 Best Embroidery Machine
Here are our embroidery machine recommendations for purchase in 2021.
1. Brother PE800 Machine
The PE800 (Brother) is computerized. It has over 100 built-in designs and an LCD screen display.
Brother affirms that the embroidery machine gives you unlimited design options.
The embroidery machine is handy at home, and it is considered among the best choices today.
The machine comes with 11 lettering fonts and 138 in-built designs. It also has a storage memory and a USB port.
The storage feature allows you to create custom designs and purchase new designs for use in the future.
With these options for contemporary designs, you thus have unlimited options.
The machine has the following:
· Ten frame shapes
· Built-in lettering fonts, including 1 Cyrillic, 3 Japanese, as well as 7 English
For easier creation of patterns, this machine has some of the best tools to rotate and mirror designs. It also allows you to decrease or increase the design sizes.
Also, the machine is not too bulky, which makes it easy to carry it around to wherever you are working from or the crafting room.
The embroidery machine has a weight of 13.74 pounds.
The PE800 has the following that you need to use the embroidery machine appropriately:
- · Needle set
- · Dust cover
- · An owner’s manual
- · Four spool caps (large, medium, small, mini)
- · An automatic thread cutter
- · Three screwdrivers (disc-shaped, large, small)
- · Four bobbins
- · Foot and 5’’x 7’’ hoop
The machine has a limited 25-year warranty and a lifetime of free customer support either online or via telephone.
- · 650 stitches in a minute
- · Large embroidery hoop
- · LCD screen for a more accessible working environment
- · Limited 25-year warranty
- · 180 built-in designs
- · Easy to use
- · Automatic needle threader
- · Built-in memory
- · Fairly-priced embroidery machine
- There are complains of sewing tension issues by some of the users
Overall, this machine is a high-quality choice of machine for the experienced and novice users.
2. SE1900 Brother Embroidery/ Sewing Machine
The SE1900 gives you a large hoop area, built-in designs, and as well as an LCD touchscreen.
The machine will create embroidery designs and regular projects for sewing. The machine contains 138 designs to choose from. You have the choice to add your designs to the storage that comes with the machine.
There are 240 different options for built-in stitches, lettering fonts, and monograms.
When you intend on adding buttons to your project, the machine has 10 different versions of one-step buttonholes you can make a choice from.
You also have the option of creating your unique stitches for sewing and then store them on the machine.
The large hoop will give you room for creation of large designs. You will not need to re-hoop the machine.
The SE1900 machine is versatile. The machine gives room for quilting and free-motion sewing using a feature called a drop-feed.
· You can use it for quilting, sewing, and embroidery
· It has a large embroidery area
· LED light for lighting your workspace
· You can add your designs
· LED touchscreen
· Automatic needle threading
· Allows for free-motion sewing
· Has more than 100 in-built designs for embroidery, 240 built-in stitches. The machine also comes with 10 one-step buttonholes
· Has speeds of 850 SPM
· It cannot fit in with other hoop sizes
3. SE600 (Brother) Embroidery/Sewing Machine
The SE600 (Brother) machine is a computerized sewing machine. It has features such as a 4” x 4” hoop area.
It comes with 103 sewing stitches and 80 built-in embroidery designs. It is also the best budget-friendly machine and is suitable for beginners.
The sewing embroidery stitches available include:
- · Stars
- · Waves
- · Hearts
- · Decorative and Standard stitches
- · Decorative scrolls
- · Feather
The embroidery machine also comes with various accessories to assist you to get right on track with the sewing projects.
The accessories include:
- · 7 sewing feet
- · Spool net
- · Scissors
- · Cleaning brush
- · 4 spool caps
- · Twin needle
- · 3 bobbins
- · 6-piece needle set
Once you buy the machine, you are given a 25-year warranty. There is also customer support for a lifetime of owning the product.
- · Reasonably priced and best for beginners
- · 80 built-in embroidery designs
- · Automatic threader and thread cutter
- · 710 SPM with speed control
- · Computerized machine
- · Can store more patterns in memory
- · Multiple stitch designs
- · 2-in-1 Sewing and Embroidery machine
- · Large LED display
- · Limited space embroidery area
- · Monograms do not offer the best quality
4. PE535 (Brother) Machine
The PE535 (Brother) Embroidery Machine is suitable and versatile for users in all ranks of experience.
Its computerized features make the machine’s functionality better without affecting how creative and usable it can be.
The PE535 has 80 built-in designs and borders, and fonts. It comes with a computer for uploading design patterns.
The large LCD touch screen will allow you to check your design while you begin to stitch.
The machine has 9 embroidery fonts (3 Japanese, 6 English) and can be edited in multiple ways.
The machine is not too heavy.
- · 82 Pounds
- · 5’’ x 7.8’’x 12’’
- · Ideal for users in all levels of experience
- · Can easily change individual thread colors
- · Automatic needle threading
- · Lightweight and durable
- · LCD ensures you navigate through the options easily
- · 80 built-in embroidery designs
- · Plenty embroidery fonts, patterns, and borders
- · You can check the pattern as you start to stitch
- · It has a standard-sized hoop area
The PE535 contains a hoop area which measures 4” x 4”, which means there will be a need to re-hoop when you intend on creating larger embroidery.
5. Brother PE550D Embroidery Machine
If you are a Disney fan and would like to purchase the embroidery machine, the Brother PE550D is the machine to go for.
The machine comes with unique and fun embroidery designs. It has a total of 125 designs. Out of the total designs, 45 of them have a Disney theme.
It also has freestanding lace, boarders, and holiday-themed designs. Beginners and kids will appreciate the embroidery machine.
The PE550 has everything you would require to get started on your journey:
- · Embroidery foot
- · Dust cover
- · Seam ripper
- · Cleaning brush
- · Scissors
- · 2 screwdrivers
- · 3 needle sets
- · 4 bobbins
- · 4”x 4” hoop
A limited 25-year warranty backs the machine.
- · Disney themed patterns
- · Font and design editing features
- · 125 built-in embroidery designs
- · You can add more designs as you like
- · A limited warranty of 25 years
- · It does have a sewing option
The PE550D is an excellent embroidery machine that offers Disney patterns.
6. Brother SE400 Machine
The Brother SE400 is a good option at entry-level or for beginners.
It is a computerized machine that gives you a test of both worlds. It can also do quilts.
The machine possesses a 4”x 4” embroidery capability. You can edit the designs on this machine by mirroring, adjusting, and rotating the image sizes.
You can also add more designs to it by buying from ibroidery.com and other sites.
There are many features to enjoy from this versatile machine, and it is one of the best embroidery and sewing options in the market.
It is also great for beginners and inexpensive.
- · Brightly lit working space
- · Dozens of embroidery and stitch designs
- · Automatic thread cutter
- · Can upload more designs
- · 70 built-in designs
- · Offers sewing and embroidery functions
- 4” x 4” embroidery area not suitable in making large designs
It is an excellent machine that gives you the option for embroidery and sewing. It is ideal for a beginner. Check out its full review here.
7. Brother PE770 Embroidery
The Brother PE770 has a larger built-in embroidery area of 5”x 7”, which gives room for lettering projects and larger designs.
It has 136 designs for embroidery which include 10 frame shapes and 12 border styles. It has a USB port, a memory, 6 lettering fonts, as well as a function for editing designs.
Just like the SE400, with this machine, you can edit the embroidery designs with features such as size editing, mirror-image, and rotation.
The quick-set bobbin and auto threader allows you to start your projects easily and quickly. The machine also comes with an automatic thread trimmer.
- · Features for editing designs
- · 650 stitches every minute
- · Easy to use and thread
- · More than 100 built-in designs
- · You can add more designs
- · Large stitching area 5’’ x 7’’
- · The winding bobbin feature is not the best
The bobbin winding feature is seen as not the best because sometimes the winder will wind onto a metal rather than on a bobbin.
It is a great machine, especially for beginners.
8. Brother LB6800PRW Project Runway Embroidery Machine
The LB6800PRW (Brother) embroidery machine has a similarity to the SE400. It has both embroidery and sewing options.
One of its advantages is that it has a rolling carrying case, thus, this means you can even take it to a class, meeting, or hotel.
The machine has a 4×4 hoop and plenty of stitches and designs. It has 70 built-in designs, 5 lettering fonts, 67 built-in stitches, and 120 frame combinations.
Beginners will love this machine because all its features and designs can be accessed using the machine’s touchscreen.
You get to edit the embroidery designs as you like by rotating, mirroring, or changing their size. Threading in this machine is easy.
Beginners will appreciate the machine because of its LCD touchscreen. You can also edit the designs.
The embroidery machine also comes with tutorials making it easy for you to learn how to use it.
- · Touch screen
- · 70 built-in designs
- · Auto thread cutter
- · Embroidery and sewing functions
- · Can edit designs
- · Plenty of stitches and patterns
- · Excellent when you have a constrained budget and for beginners
- The embroidery area is too small for monogram embroidery
Overall, the Brother LB6800PRW is a good option for those who want a combined embroidery and sewing machine.
It comes with smooth sewing and advanced features that tackle all the embroidery and sewing projects you have ever thought of.
9. Brother LB5000S Star Wars Embroidery and Sewing Machine
The Brother Star Wars Edition is an easy-to-use 2-in-1 machine. It offers both embroidery and sewing options.
The machine has a color LCD screen and an easy-to-control mechanism. Apart from its star wars theme, its control panel is spot-on. It gives you a sense of enjoyment while using it.
It has character and logo faceplates that help you embroider elements of star wars onto fabrics.
The embroidery area is 4×4 inches, which means it is not suitable for large designs.
You can also download more of the Star Wars-themed designs from ibroidery.com.
- · Star Wars templates
- · LCD color screen and easy to navigate control panel
- · 9 fonts, 80 built-in embroidery designs, and 103 stitches
- · None
10. Baby Lock Verve Embroidery and Sewing Machine
The Baby Lock Verve comes from an underdog brand, Baby Lock, known for its top-rated embroidery and sewing machines.
The first thing you will take note of about the machine is it’s clean and neatly built. It has a large working area for all your sewing and embroidery projects.
It possesses a functional needle threader, 191 stitches, more than 70 built-in embroidery designs, and speed control.
The embroidery speed is one of the best for models in the same price range. All in all, specifically for home users, this user-friendly, compact sewing and embroidery machine is a boon.
It has fast sewing speeds, does not lag (due to its user-intuitive design), and you can easily navigate.
What more would you need in a beginner model?
- · User-intuitive interface, clean built
- · Built-in elements: 191 stitches, 11 fancy fonts, more than 70 embroidery designs
- · LCD screen
- · The 4by4 inch embroidery area is small if you have larger projects
11. Janome Horizon MC9900 Machine
The MC9900 embroidery and sewing machine is a fantastic sewing machine that handles embroidery and sewing projects.
The quick, quiet, versatile, and precise machine has a laundry list and computerized function to take your projects to new heights.
The features of the machine are:
- · 7-piece feed dog
- · Hook bobbin
- · 9mm maximum stitch width
- · 5mm maximum length
- · 2 fonts
- · 200 built-in stitches
- · 2 to 3 letter monogramming
- · 175 built-in embroidery designs
- · Free arm
- · Editing function
- · 6 1-step automatic buttonholes
- · 6.7’’ x 7.9’’ embroidery area
The editing feature will allow you to tap into your creativity. It will offer you the ability to:
- · Trace
- · Drag and drop
- · Zoom
- · Group
- · Duplicate
- · Arc
- · Combine
- · Resize
- · Flip
Janome includes button sewing feet, ¼ inch seam foot O, extra-large foot controller, darning foot, zigzag foot, button sewing feet, and satin stitch foot.
- · Can do both embroidery and sewing
- · A large work area
- · Speed controlling lever and quick sewing speeds
- · More than 150 embroidery designs and 200 stitches
- · Features for editing
- · It does not have a bigger embroidery hoop
This embroidery machine is among the best professional embroidery and sewing machines you can get in the market today.
12. Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000 Embroidery and Sewing Machine
The Horizon MC 12000 embroidery machine is an upgrade from the 9900 model. It comes with both embroidery and sewing options.
The machine can handle almost all embroidery and sewing projects you would imagine. It can manage quilting projects as well.
The variable zigzag gives room for quilting. The MC1200 is designed for serious users. Some of the features include:
- · 338 design patterns
- · Easy to use
- · Best machine suitable for at-home use
- · It has a large LCD screen
- · Stitch creation program
- · Real-time PC connection and built-in USB port
- · Suitable for a home business
- · Maximum hoop space 9.1” x 11.8”
- · 10 LED lights on 5 locations
- · 2 and 3 letters monogramming and 10 font options
- · 425 built-in stitches
The machine can edit its designs. You can create whatever you desire with utmost ease.
This machine is easy to use with plenty of automatic features such as cutting, threading, and thread tension.
- · Plenty of accessories
- · Auto thread cutting and tension
- · Has multiple functions
- · Advanced computerized functions
- · Ten LED lights that brighten your working space
- · Large embroidery area
- · Edit features
- · Hundreds of design patterns and built-in sewing stitches
- · Big and bulky
13. Janome MB-4S Four Needle
Are you in search of a computerized and efficient machine? If your answer is yes, then the Janome MB-4S is the machine for you.
With this machine, you can use its embroidery formats, even the ones used by industry experts.
The four needle design allows you to complete your work in short periods. Its automatic thread cutter will enable you to cut threads without much hassle. It does the job automatically and thus saves time.
It has up to 3 megabytes of built-in storage, saving up to 1.5 million stitches and more than 100 embroidery designs.
The embroidery machine possesses the following features:
- · Compatible with 6 Tajima hoops
- · Multilingual machine
- · 3 MBs of built-in storage
- · Has 100 built-in designs
- · Automatic needle threader
- · 800 SPM speed
- · Versatile and durable machine
- · Has USB ports
- · Limited 25-year warranty
- · Backlit LCD screen
- · It has a dedicated bobbin winding motor
- · Has a bonus package
- · An automatic thread cutter
- · Computerized machine
- · Built-in LED light
- · Too heavy to carry around
14. Janome MC 14000
The Craft 14000 is a good machine for both embroidery and quilting. Sometimes when you have edited your embroidery design, and then you flash it on the embroidery machine, it may not come out as desired.
Either there will be an issue with alignment, or the size will go wrong.
With this machine, there is no need to worry about such occurrences. Its real-time PC function makes customized embroideries an easy-to-do task.
But what makes the machine a perfect companion for embroidery is the bonus bundle that Janome has added. It contains every possible accessory you can imagine.
What do you need?
A magnifier? An adjustable LED light? A high presser foot? The Janome 14000 has all the features that you can imagine.
This embroidery machine passes in all the places we have put it to test, along with a stainless steel working plate, a large hoop area, and an adjustable needle holder.
But again, the more the features, the higher the complexity. It takes some time for even experts to get used to it.
- · Large display screen for easier control
- · Superior speed control
- · 400 stitches and 350 embroidery designs
- · Bonus bundle has every accessory you would think of
- · Real-time PC which guarantees better editing
- · Editing embroidery will require some software and designing skills
- · It has a complex mechanism
15. EverSewn Hero Embroidery and Sewing Machine
The EverSewn Hero offers both embroidery and sewing. It offers more in the sewing area.
The machine contains over 400 utility, lettering, and decorative stitches.
It has 40 built-in designs and 110mm x 170mm in design space, and 6.5 inches in the working area. It also comes with 8 different presser feet.
The machine has sewing speeds of 850 stitches per minute and a screen. It also has a USB port which gives room for the addition of more embroidery designs.
- · Large stitching space
- · 40 built-in designs
- · Perfect machine for beginners
- · 850 SPM speed
- · Room for the addition of more designs
- · Hundreds of stitch options
- · Plenty of design patterns to choose from
- · The LCD screen does not display pictures or words
Many people would prefer to have the machine for sewing over having it for embroidery.
Beginners will also appreciate the versatility the machine offers.
16. EverSewn Sparrow X
EverSewn is known to manufacture comfortable and easy embroidery machines. The Sparrow X is a perfect example.
The machine has a combination of easy-to-use competitive features and functions. One of its best features is the app-based remote controller, where you control your machine and make and edit your designs.
It also comes with fancy accessories.
The machine has 120 design stitches and more than 100 embroidery designs. It also happens to be among the best affordable embroidery and sewing machines in the market.
The EverSewn Sparrow X can process different design files without making a compromise on the output.
- · Can operate with most of the design files
- · It has simplified navigation, thus suitable for students and beginners
- · It comes with a pro app for better stitch and design handling
- · It has a remote control for easy monitoring
- · Has no automatic thread tension
- · Small hoop area (4.75” x 7”)
- · The display is a basic screen
17. Singer Futura XL-580
The Futura XL-580 (Singer) is both a sewing and embroidery machine. It has the following features:
- · Bonus software for creating your fonts/designs
- · 215 built-in stitches – Stretch, basic, decorative
- · Multiple hoop capability
- · Endless hoop capability
- · 20 font options and 250 designs
- · Has valuable tools
- · Offers clear instructions
- · Long-lasting and sturdy
- · It’s light in weight
- · Not compatible with Mac
· Sewing function is better than embroidery function
18. Futura XL550 (Singer)
The XL550 is one of the Singer classics. It contains 215 different functions for stitching. The machine would best work for you when transitioning from the traditional seamstress and switching to embroidery.
If you do away with any operator errors, the machine operates just as is expected.
- · The seams are extra straight
- · A large working area
- · Has a learning curve for the use of software
19. Husqvarna Viking Jade 35 Embroidery Sewing Machine
The Viking Jade 35 is one of the Husqvarna best-selling models. The machine is user-intuitive, fast, and packed with features that cater to both advanced and beginner users.
Throw any stitch idea or design, and this machine will get it done on its large hoop area (9.5″ x 6″).
It has eight presser feet and high-speed control, which gives complete authority while you do your embroidery projects.
There is nothing this model has omitted. Although to some users, there is a concern about too many features.
Thus, we do not recommend this machine to beginners or students.
· The sewing advisor will assist with all functions and features
· Fast operation speeds
· Large sewing and embroidery area
· PC software for easy design creation and editing
· Complicated operations thus not suitable for beginners
Why Do You Need an Embroidery Machine
An embroidery machine offers much more than just sewing . Patterns in embroidery are more textured and detailed.
These machines help you to get your art to come to life. Embroidery machines depend on creativity and looping.
Embroidery with the use of machines will create patterns in detail with precision as well as speed.
Embroidery Machines Types
There available options for embroidery machines are:
1. Electronic Machines
They are user-friendly. They have a sewing unit which allows for the performance of normal sewing.
The section for embroidery enables you to do stitching for embroidery.
Electronic machines will give you different options for patterns as well as designs. They give you many options and thus a higher price.
2. Mechanical Machines
The mechanical machines have a lower price and are easier to use in comparison to other types of embroidery machines.
You can use them for simpler projects. They do not have a stitching option, but they are good machines to begin the embroidery journey.
3. Computerized Embroidery Machines
The best and most expensive embroidery machines are the computerized embroidery machines. The computerized embroidery machines digitally create patterns as well as stitches. They have several stitching needles. The machines use gridded designs.
The awesome part?
You just put the required settings and see the machine perform as you have instructed it.
5 Benefits of Using an Embroidery Machine
1. Machine embroidery gives you a uniform design on all of your garments.
2. In using an embroidery machine, you feed your design to the machine. Thus, this ensures that there are no errors in your designs.
3. Using embroidery machines is less time-consuming because the time required to make each design is less than needed if you use a manual option.
4. In using an embroidery machine, there is a higher rate of accuracy and productivity.
5. With an embroidery machine, you have unlimited designs to choose from.
Things to Look For in a Good Embroidery Machine
1. Hoop Capability – This is determined by how big the design you want to make is. Larger hoops can hold smaller designs. A small hoop will not hold a bigger design. Pay attention to the hoop size of your desired machine.
2. Built-in Designs – Depending on the embroidery machine, some can have no designs come with them, while others can have more than 250 designs.
3. Built–in Stitches – Machines can have stitch options from 24 to as much as 250. This gives you a wide range you can choose from.
4. Computer Connectivity – If you want to get more designs into your machine, then the computer connectivity option is the way to go. You can create your patterns or even download more using a specific program on your computer.
5. Built–in Memory – The built-in memory helps you to store your additional designs.
6. Editing Ability – Not all machines have the ability to edit designs before you begin your stitching. But if your machine is advanced, why not make changes to your designs that can significantly impact your designs.
7. Multi–hoop Capability – The multi-hoop option allows you to work on different projects at the same time. This helps you to avoid interrupting your ongoing work.
If you require a sewing or embroidery machine for professional or home use, perform thorough research on its long-term performance.
There is no doubt that you can get remarkable results from sewing and embroidery machines. But for the best results, you will need to make a suitable investment.
The investment will include the thought and time you will choose a machine within your budget and needs.
The tips discussed above will help you to find the right fit as far as sewing and embroidery machines are concerned.
1. Which is the best at-home use embroidery machine?
The Janome MB-4S Four Needle happens to be the overall best machine to use at home.
2. Which is the most appropriate embroidery machine to start a business?
Brother PE800 will give you the best value in your business startup. It offers a high-quality experience for both the experienced and novice users.
3. What makes a good embroidery machine?
Look out for the following qualities in identifying a good embroidery machine:
- Ability to edit
- Computer connectivity
- Built-in memory
- Multi-hoop capability
- Built-in stitches
4. Which is the most suitable embroidery machine for beginners?
The Brother SE600 computerized combination is the most suitable embroidery machine for beginners.
It will offer a range of design options thus, you can own your designs.